Our MJMC course provides state of the art audio visual facilities for studio production of formats such as news, panel discussion etc.. Outdoor productions & post productions. Active partnership with media houses for hands on training and exposure to industry’s best practices. Industry employability enhancement programmes empowering students for suitable job placements. Community radio station and TV station is also on the anvil. All this being done with the prime focus to give a high level of practical exposure to the students and to make them fit for the industry.
Master of Journalism & Mass Communication(MJMC) course will be held in four semesters. 1st, 2nd and 3rd semesters shall have four theory papers and one practical paper each and the 4th semester shall have two theory papers along with seminar, dissertation and attachment assignments as detailed below.
SPECIAL FEATURES OF THE PROGRAMME
- Accomplished faculty with excellent teaching skills and technical know-how for creative work in the media.
- A Student friendly campus with excellent Teaching-Learning environment with state-of-the-art modern audio-visual facilities for training in print and electronic media (Media Lab, Studios) for high level of practical exposure.
- Industry Employability Enhancement Programmes (IEEP) through special modules empowering students for suitable job-placement
- Active partnership with media houses for training and exposure to industry�s best-practices Collaboration with foreign universities to provide exposure and expertise.
- Regular updating of syllabus Regular interaction with stalwarts from Media Industry and Academia from both India and abroad providing global exposure to students.
- Opportunity for International Student exchange at Exchange Programme partner universities On-the-job training through structured weekly industry internship program.
- Add-on opportunity to learn through compulsory Foreign Language Module
- Creation of a Centre of Excellence for offering variety of training and production
- Exchange of ideas and thoughts through media workshops and seminars
- Creation of a Centre for Strong Media Research activities
- Facilities for Learning – World class classroom fully equipped with multimedia facilities- based on participatory style of learning.
- State of the art Library with access to world class facilities for academic learning. Residential, Centrally Air conditioned and WI-FI campus with provision of holistic learning environment.
- Labs, offices, residential accommodation, gymnasium, cafeteria and health centre with all modern amenities.
- Provision of an environment which promotes team-work while maintaining the individuality.
- Regular yoga instruction facilities
- Facilities for recreation and sports
- Mini shopping centre with in the campus
- Special emphasis on Indian heritage and culture.
- Media Journalism
- Film Studies
- Cyber- Journalism
- Broadcast Journalism
- MC-4.3 Seminar
- MC-4.4 Dissertation & Viva-voce
- MC-4.5 Attachment