The SIRD State Institute of Rural Development Bhubaneswar Bhubaneswar was established in 1964 as one of the core distinguished institutions of the country with the objective of becoming a regional training centre in the matter of conducting training programmes in tribal and community development. In the year 1967, GoO took over the charge of the Institute. Presently SIRD is a nodal institute for training, research, evaluation and consultancy in the field of rural development under the aegis of Panchayati Raj Department, GoO.
SIRD organizes various training programmes for elected members of 3-tier PRIs, NGOs and different levels of officials of PR and other line departments both through in-house and off-campus mode. It also develops necessary training curriculum for the participants and develops training modules for various training programmes undertaken in SIRD and 3 ETCs (Bhubaneswar, Bhawanipatna and Keonjhar) of the State. It has also undertaken various case-studies, research programmes and action research projects.
Mission of SIRD
- Participatory capacity building training for Panchayati Raj functionaries (Both Representatives and Officials) for effective functions of good governance.
- Undertaking innovative Action Research Projects on different development activities.
- Monitoring and evaluation of Development Projects implemented by different departments in the State
- Development of Innovative IEC and Training Manuals and Reference materials related to Local Governance
- Policy Advocacy and Networking with Civil Society organizations for strengthening Local Self GovernanceObjectives of SIRDTransferring techno managerial skills to the functionaries and officials for strengthening capacities to discharge their functions effectively at grassroots level.
- Providing Strategic guidance to capacity building activities and establishing deliberative mechanism from District to Panchayat level
- Support the capacity building strategic framework of line departments and schemes related to Rural Development.State Institute for Rural Development (SIRD),
Unit – 8, Gopabandhunagar, Bhubaneswar – 751 0 12.
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com
Tel. 0674-2562645,2560059 Fax : 2562453