About the Murugappa Chettiar Centenary Scholarship: The Foundation has launched a special scholarship. The Scholarship reaches out to poor and meritorious students pursuing professional courses in Government and Government aided colleges. This would be a full fee scholarship and would support the students through the course. The selected students would be called as Murugappa Scholars.
The scholarship will be routed through the Educational Institutions which would felicitate selection of highly deserving candidates. The main objective is not to just extent financial support but also to provide them with opportunities to hone their skill and attitude require for a successful career and life.
1) ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Applicable only for Engineering/Medical Courses Students and from other disciplines in exceptional cases
- Academic criteria – Marks 80% in the qualifying examination
- Economic criteria – Monthly Family income not to exceed Rs 10,000
- Social Status
- First generation Learners
- Single parent/No parents
- Parent suffering from disability
- Student suffering from Disability
- Alcoholic father
- Children who are doing part time job to support their studies
- Victim of natural disaster (within Three years of the disaster)
For further details you are advised to contact them for deadlines before applying
A.M.M. Foundation,New No.3(Old # 2), Sriram Nagar North Street, Alwarpet, Chennai – 600 018.Phone : 2434 1668, 2432 0347, 2433 0128,Fax : 2434 4515
For further scholarships see this link: